Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
Time difference: GMT +8 to GMT +11
Flying time: approx. 24 hours + 1 stop
International airports: Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Perth, Brisbane and Gold Coast
Recommended airlines: Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Qantas Airways and Singapore Airlines
Departure tax: departure tax is included in the cost of your airline ticket
Visa: all visitors to Australia (except New Zealand citizens) require an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or eVisitor visa that enables you to stay in the country for three months. This can be organised by your Travel Designer at the time of booking.
Best time to visit Australia
There’s never a bad time to visit Australia. In a country of varying climates, you can always find the ideal weather for you.
High season: summer (Dec to Feb)
- Wet season with high temperatures and humidity in the Top End (Northern Territory) and tropical regions.
- Hot, sunny weather for the southern states of New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia.
Shoulder season: autumn and spring (Mar to May and Sep to Nov)
- Warm weather all round.
- Autumn is a colourful time down south.
- Spring is a great time for wildlife spotting.
Low season: winter (Jun to Aug)
- Dry season brings pleasant temperatures and clear skies up north.
- Wrap up for the colder weather and rainy days down south.